Sultans Of Ping Forum Index Sultans Of Ping
New forum for the band Sultans of Ping.
Please register and post so this becomes as popular as the old one.
Hosted by ping.fishtank.org.uk.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University Challenge - Secret Sultans Fan!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sultans Of Ping Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gareth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: University Challenge - Secret Sultans Fan!!! Reply with quote

Did anyone else watch the final last night?

If so did you see the startling similarity between one of the contestants (Bubb) and our rock n roll hero Niall O'Flaherty.

The Clothes (most specifically the jacket), the hair, the bad teeth (sorry thats not true) and a magnificant sense of self importance.

I'm wondering if this Bubb character is either a closet Sultans fan or did Niall ever do a lecture at Christ Church College Oxford and this chap feel in love with him and copied his hair and clothing style down to a tee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b0093w07.shtml?filter=channel%3Abbc_two&scope=iplayerchannels&start=1&version_pid=b0093vzy

You get a good look at the start and especially at the end of the show when he stands up to collect the trophy with the rest of the team. If he is not a Sultans fan it is really a bizzarre choice of uniform for such a reverential show as the final of University Challenge!!!

http://www.chch.ox.ac.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=672&Itemid=231
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean - he might be trying to look like him. But it's a bit misguided. He's not working it very well. He'd do better to buy himself a jerkin, merkin and water spritzer and follow in your footsteps.
Deirdre Barlow
Teenage Punk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so wanted Sheffield to win!!! .....the girl in their team.. looks like a transvestite Marilyn Manson...I hate it when Oxbridge teams win! All hail the University of Disney!
Diego Shock
Stupid Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also see what yeee mean.
I think the guy Max Kaufamn looks like that screen writer Charlie Kaufamn? may be its a name thing.
And also that shaved headed bloke reminds me of some actor blokey...( i know its a bit vague)
why oh why.....
i'm going back to work
gareth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kaufman chap has one of those generic faces and could be a lookalike to a huge number of people.

I used to go to school with a bloke like that and even now when I see people on the telly think christ he looks like .........

I wanted Sheffield to win as well, just for the fact that the other lot were spoilt rich kids. For instance the lass Darby had a look on her face all the time like she had stood in shit, till she answered a question right and celebrated with a Tiger Tim-esque air punch. I'm not a violent person (unless Kelly is in the vicinity) but I could have happily strangled her!!

And for the record I may wear Jerkins, but I have never had an occasion to place a merkin on my personal area. These pubic wigs only came to my attention when Onenight told me he had started to wear one to combat the alopecia he suffers from on his pubic regions. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sultans Of Ping Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: