Sultans Of Ping Forum Index Sultans Of Ping
New forum for the band Sultans of Ping.
Please register and post so this becomes as popular as the old one.
Hosted by ping.fishtank.org.uk.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Paddy's Day!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sultans Of Ping Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deirdre Barlow
Teenage Punk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Happy Paddy's Day! Reply with quote

Hope you're all having a good one! According to the Vatican it was on 15th March this year......so I've been out not drinking with me mates for the last three days....just incase!
Peace and pints xxxxxxxxxxxx DBxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pippa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, have you all got your celebrating out the way or are you all off to hell?
Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy St P's day (unofficial)

I'm off to hell for celebrating today - wearing a green top and a rosette, friends coming round for bacon and cabbage (and maybe whisky).
gareth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly wrote:
Happy St P's day (unofficial)

I'm off to hell for celebrating today - wearing a green top and a rosette, friends coming round for bacon and cabbage (and maybe whisky).

FRIENDS!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

friend (frĕnd)
n.
A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.
Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.
tr.v. Archaic., friend∑ed, friend∑ing, friends.
To befriend.

Does that help Gareth?
We didn't have whisky, it was a school night after all.
arunciblespoon
Teenage Punk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

st pats was on saturday you heathens, are you not aware that friday is good friday? thus under papal law since saints days cannot be in the same week as holy-days, then it was on sat.
Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of the gist of the conversation Runcy - see references to hell. Anyways I don't see what Paypal have got to do with it why should they have a say?

And yes, I am aware that it is Good Friday this week and that this is Holy Week. I have just spent the last month of my life preparing 80 odd kids to re-enact holy week, complete with last supper, crucifixion and resurrection. And I've been to mass twice this week so I'm all eastered out.

I'll let you guess whether I meant eighty 'odd kids' or a number of kids between 80 and 90.
arunciblespoon
Teenage Punk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine that 80 odd kids means half of them, split down the middle, like house numbers on a street...

I wonder whether to thank the saint Christopher for making my incident in the carpark at work yesterday very minor, thankfuly, or damn the bastard to hell for allowing me to park my 101 in a nice VW's engine bay, and suffer 18 hrs of hell agonising over the huge angry man bound to own the car and quite possibly his demand for a proper garage job.........

or may be Pat, cos the company I work for is Irish...and the lad I totalled is ok, and i have sourced the bits and can fix him mesen for £30 +paint....
Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The existence of both of those saints is highly dubious so you'd be better off thanking your lucky stars or you could try St. Frances of Rome

http://saints.sqpn.com/saintf10.htm
Deirdre Barlow
Teenage Punk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was at school we had to pray to St Jude....the patron saint of hopeless causes everyday.....

I hate Good Friday.....all those people in cassoks making you think that you killed Jesus................ by putting a drawing pin on the nun's chair or watching Dallas, or covering toilet seats with cling film or comitting other mortal sins like that!
Diego Shock
Stupid Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy belated Paddy's day and have a great Easter....
How weird is all that in one week?
Went to see Roisin Murphy in Trafalgar Square last week and what a craicing gig it was, even if it was shortish and raining throughout. She does put on a great show.
. Joe Brown was good too.
Aslan got a bum deal and only played a few songs due to a soggy amp before the 12 tenors were inflated and thrown on the stage for the encore..
I would of liked see A little bit more of Aslan even if it was just to see the guitarist, who had threatened to gouge some idiot in the crowd.
Remember the days when they were known as the best fighting band in Ireland, something tells me they might still pack a fair punch...
And the pint went up in price the that day too. hmmmmmm
Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good DS.

Deirdre Barlow wrote:
I hate Good Friday.....all those people in cassoks making you think that you killed Jesus................ by putting a drawing pin on the nun's chair or watching Dallas, or covering toilet seats with cling film or comitting other mortal sins like that!

Those cassocked people got it wrong Dee. The way I understand it he died SO THAT you can do all of those sins, not BECAUSE you do them. Although I think watching Dallas is most probably unforgiveable.
Diego Shock
Stupid Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite Good Friday's was back in the late 80's and having to get the ferry from Dun Laoighre to Holyhead, and travelling on to London arriving the next day at about 5am, not having a clue where i was going! Walked to Oxford street with me rucksack and was shiting meself.

Another favourite was a music session we had (well 2 of us) in Glendalough , Co Wicklow, opposite saint Kevin's bed, how magical that was ..and i haven't mention the drink once!!
Pippa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And yes, I am aware that it is Good Friday this week and that this is Holy Week. I have just spent the last month of my life preparing 80 odd kids to re-enact holy week, complete with last supper, crucifixion and resurrection. And I've been to mass twice this week so I'm all eastered out.

I'll let you guess whether I meant eighty 'odd kids' or a number of kids between 80 and 90.

I'm going to go with odd in the traditional sense rather than approximate, I think your class' play sounds like high quality entertainment personally.

Diego Shock wrote:
One of my favourite Good Friday's was back in the late 80's and having to get the ferry from Dun Laoighre to Holyhead, and travelling on to London arriving the next day at about 5am,

A journey which would now take approximately 17 days due to the fact that the entire British transport network grinds to a halt every bank holiday weekend becuase...people apparently don't want to get trains whenthey have a few days off work Confused
Deirdre Barlow
Teenage Punk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly wrote:
Sounds good DS.

Deirdre Barlow wrote:

Those cassocked people got it wrong Dee. The way I understand it he died SO THAT you can do all of those sins, not BECAUSE you do them. Although I think watching Dallas is most probably unforgiveable.

Thanks Kelly! Very Happy That makes me feel a a lot better!....I should probably go to confession about that time that I shot JR!....luckily this fella's taking da blame for me! :

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sultans Of Ping Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: