Sultans Of Ping Forum Index Sultans Of Ping
New forum for the band Sultans of Ping.
Please register and post so this becomes as popular as the old one.
Hosted by ping.fishtank.org.uk.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You can establish a new account called

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sultans Of Ping Forum Index -> Sultans Of Ping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenCao

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: You can establish a new account called Reply with quote

The community was enormous. Servers were continuously filling up and mini-games had more than enough players for several rounds to be appreciated. You could even hang out with different players and just talk a load of crap while spending hours at one time mining iron for that succulent 100,000 gold coin to get 1,000 units of ore trade. We appreciated PK'ing (player killing), questing RuneScape gold (occasionally ), and standard activity grinding to find out who would be among the very first to hit 99 in a skill.

You can establish a new account called"magicdong400xXx" because that's the limitation of teenage imagination, grind resources, develop combat abilities adhering to a professional"pure" PK manual, make money, buy cool-looking equipment (black trimmed addy armor anyone?) , then drop it in the jungle. Rinse and repeat, and meant making a new account because we wanted to test out new approaches (that sucked).

To my surprise, Runescape is still going strong and there's even a mobile version on the way. It's drawing tens of thousands of gamers each and every day with servers holding hundreds of people.So I logged in and picked a server to combine.

It had been hard to think that I really had to download a customer to perform Runescape. This was unheard of, particularly thinking about the fact that we just had Internet Explorer and Firefox in our disposals back in the day to access the game. But boy has this match evolved. It's no longer the adorable Java game with a terrible resolution and clunky UI. There is full-screen manner with a few really good visuals for what's essentially a browser match.

It was really incredibly confusing in the beginning. What did I survive do all those years back? What do I do today?

Everything is so different. There are now costumes, which are basically cosmetic items which may modify the appearance of your personality without swapping out armor. This pulled me off guard, as no more was able to quickly glance at a player and determine what he had been sporting.

There's also the addition of this Solomon Store, which is the home of micro-transactions from the game. You can spend in-game bonds that are earned by playing with the game or use actual money to buy items. (It's free-to-play, but you will need to fork out for a subscription to access premium areas of the game and is completely worth it.)

Considering that which Runescape had been, this really is incredible development.If that was not sufficient, Jagex also implemented a completely different combat system, removed the wilderness (WHYYYY!?) , and deployed more quests for players to work through. I loved the way you might actually utilize non-combat abilities more often from the world to make a number of these buy RS gold marginally more useful. Strangely enough, it seems more like a MMORPG now than ever before, even though there are a number of things I do not enjoy about the fluctuations. Everything type of felt exactly the same, but it was such a departure from the match which I ceased playing back in 2006.

I really like the changes but it's not the game I ever loved. It just didn't provide that much-wanted nostalgia buzz I had hoped for. That was until I seen Old School Runescape as part of the subscription membership.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sultans Of Ping Forum Index -> Sultans Of Ping All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: