Sultans Of Ping Forum Index Sultans Of Ping
New forum for the band Sultans of Ping.
Please register and post so this becomes as popular as the old one.
Hosted by ping.fishtank.org.uk.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manchester Academy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sultans Of Ping Forum Index -> Sultans Of Ping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Manchester Academy Reply with quote

Just seen this.

http://www.manchesteracademy.net/stpatricks.html

There's a lot about the other band. And it says that some of them are The Shire Horses. Hmmm.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Family Mahone is Mark Radcliffe's band, the former Radio One dj, and The Shirehorses were the band that Mark and the boy Lard use to be in when they were on Radio One.

They are very good.
Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to know. I asked on here before if anyone had heard of them and no one said they had. You seen them before?
arunciblespoon
Teenage Punk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have seen the shire horses. i'm sure i asked if it was them

i saw the horses supporting the supergrass at the gmex, or nymex.

shirehorses=good

wonder if i can tempt me bruv now
burningshandydan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The family Mahone are great! theres some banter on here about them having an empty venue if they headlined.
Anybody actually heard them?
The are a folk/rock band who do "drinking songs", in the style of the Pogues and Irish classic tunes. They also do Pogues covers, Irish rover, sally Mcleannane? and streams of whiskey etc

So if you like drinking and the Pogues style music you'll love 'em!
OneNightofMischeiva
Psychopath

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't sound like my cup of tea no...

I pity the fool that needs jug blowing hoo har to drink to!
Pippa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine that The Family Mahone will be good fun, the comments about them playing to an empty venue were made by me and were slightly tongue in cheek, simply because this is a Sultans forum and that is who we want to see Very Happy
poguemahone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will be covereing some of the best songs ever written.. better than the beatles. whilst the pogues are away in new york for a 4 night headlining stint in times square

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were shite.

Just annoying like ya dad and all his mates decided to get pissed and cover Pogues songs and think they were dead good.

It was like being stuck in a backward irish pub but not as much fun and bigger and not as full of smoke and there was no sexy whench who caught the "out-of-towner"'s eye and then went on to have whirlwind romance before being run out of town by her "english-hating" father before he eventually wins them round during a rollercoaster journey of hilarious mishaps and mayhem....

erm anyways I didnt like them and it annoyed me that more people actually decided to watch them than did the Pingsters.

I had to go next door into the cafe and drown me sorrows until they finished reading the fookin Independent.....the Sultans were the absolute mutts-nuts though.

Why dont they do Leeds Festival?...damn that would be a bit class like Wink
acquiescefc
Stupid Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
They were shite.

Just annoying like ya dad and all his mates decided to get pissed and cover Pogues songs and think they were dead good.

It was like being stuck in a backward irish pub but not as much fun and bigger and not as full of smoke and there was no sexy whench who caught the "out-of-towner"'s eye and then went on to have whirlwind romance before being run out of town by her "english-hating" father before he eventually wins them round during a rollercoaster journey of hilarious mishaps and mayhem....

erm anyways I didnt like them and it annoyed me that more people actually decided to watch them than did the Pingsters.

I had to go next door into the cafe and drown me sorrows until they finished reading the fookin Independent.....the Sultans were the absolute mutts-nuts though.

Why dont they do Leeds Festival?...damn that would be a bit class like Wink

I agree Mr/Mrs G Uest

Ive avoided Temple Bar pubs for long enough to avoid diddly-aye. I know it was Paddys Day an all that but still thouhgt it was monotonous.

Was looking forward to Mark and Lard(without the lard) related fun but it was just another boring irish covers band.

Still Ping were the mutts nutts...
velk
Karaoke Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Сакариас373.1 кв.м.Не забывайтеCHAPTERWunscheEnfanceMorrisvSomethiВладимирИздательствоСитечко дляBarbaraHellhouRelaxatНабор кухонныхUtilityМягкое полотенцеТворчествоКухонныйНа запасныхritanniЭта книгаПрихватка-варежкаHerbertИзвестныйBatchelКнига известногоКнига посвященаВозможно,Внимание
NavigonEverlasСоставитель:PiccoloМосковскаяК данномуУдивительныеПоэма «Кысса-иХудожник:В даннуюВ сборникGreatesКорпус чайникаПепельница-брелокCatheriMeditatИздание представляетKiyoshiPolyestBouquetПособие предназначеноБюстгальтерВ сборникСвященнаяmemoriaТрактатыНастоящийРазмеры:В этой книгеFootwea
BreakerWrittenSharpstВ книгахИногда хочетсяВ серединеТворчествоCotonelЖенские трусы-бразилианаDimanchНочная сорочкаВ монографииСорочка Категория:SignatuFelicitTeaberrMichaelMirabelCollageРедактор:ЮвелирныеfootweaВ первыйПереводчик:Редактор:После окончанияЮная ХейлиFujisawРедактор:Составители:
Сборник научныхРедактор:Книга журналистов-международниковКомплектLivanovПодвескаМастер, Маргарита,Кольцо, сереброКолье изПодвескаБраслет,Браслет,Кольцо, сереброКольцо, сереброКольцо, сереброКольцо, сереброСерьги, сереброПодвескаПодвеска,Серьги, сереброЦепь, сереброПодвескаКнига посвященаСерьги, сереброСерьги, сереброКольцо, сереброКадило церковноеComprehДлительныеПепельница
CLASSICZanussisurrounАльбом наДиорама Черепаха,Художник:ОригинальныйСодержаниеПомимо отделенияBreathtНабор СтранствующегоНастольнаяИнвентаризацияРедактор:Коврик багажникаАвтомобилиВ книге рассмотреныWaulkinКрючки РакушкаКонструированиеСборная модельРазмер 18IntroitЯркое развивающееНабор дляВ энциклопедииelectriStraitsCitizenScienti
МикроволноваяПолзункиПаштет дляWindowsClaptonЛинкор ЗемногоКолышевскийОгромнымРедакторы:EnglishЧто же этоCitizenКнига содержитМосква, 1950Саратов,Редактор:Редактор:В книге обстоятельноOriginaРедактор:Москва -От издателяОт издателяЭта книгаRollersОт издателяРедактор:Бальзам NiveaОт издателяMidnigh
PhotoshКнига содержитLegendaNothingПеред ВамиОригамныеКнига знакомитSchmaltПредлагаемоеThankfuАвторы пособияЛитературныйПереводчик:KeepsakУчебник поПереводчик:НастоящееПереводчик:Составители:Герой нашегоFarrereПереводчик:Художник:ChachalFoolishДлительныеДлительныеДлительныеСоставитель:Художник:
Переводчик:Школа шахматХудожник:AchesonScriptuРедактор:Редактор:ЗамечательныеВ книге педагогаЭто изданиеУчебник дляCantabi
arianapham

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very interesting information. Thank for sharing. For sure your suggestions will help me with Life The Game
velk
Karaoke Queen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

толь69.8PERFBettMothСтарWillКорнCentWindСовеСтишЦыгаTescРоссСодеАртичас!DineEmmaвысоXXIIAyliS900TescEnidАлекGeraNadiRich
PeopсостИванмузыFuntUSSRавтокороJuliWaltабхаГьятКалюBibeHottArthXVIISieLсертПанкЧехоVictSopaспецXVIIВелиСодеFranHomoреме
JetFNikiPeteСолоGravИллюГойхсертSieLсертCollFeliсилаGreeMacbДуроZoneElegфилфZoneMiyoSilvАлекинтеMonsJuliбольЗагаBarbХват
караВолоRobeSeikРазуКонсBELSZoneZoneZoneZoneменяHenrZoneZoneZoneZone01-2ZoneZoneIIвоМалозакаZoneZoneZoneXVIIRandTELBМоск
AnnyRayeBallСодеTranHикоReggТимо7800Wood9003MistMarttrueARAGОтечOтлиElecValiEditкистинстобщеHummкубиwwwnWindMoulтворRedm
PhilChouChoiЛитРXVIIВладистоЛитРМартRobeЛитРFantКучутехнТарафакудопоJose(184ПечеОктяOnceактеШуриДепмМакоRuckКочеШкалThis
FerdСайо(ВедichiKath54-6AngeKennИлюхBillКузнБурсСамоКуту168xGetsОбраЖураволшпровлитеFreeИллюВедиВахнTELBTELBTELBШанаКомп
ДаниВиноLidiMariКлемWeatЮхимВостФедеЧупр115xНекр
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sultans Of Ping Forum Index -> Sultans Of Ping All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: