Sultans Of Ping Forum Index Sultans Of Ping
New forum for the band Sultans of Ping.
Please register and post so this becomes as popular as the old one.
Hosted by ping.fishtank.org.uk.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SUltansofping.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sultans Of Ping Forum Index -> Sultans Of Ping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiecurry
Psychopath

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be a bit hungover or confused so I'll do my best to explain it to you in words you can understand.

ping.fishtank.org.uk is a fan site and a very good one.

sultansofping.com was a fan site run by Joe but he has kindly handed the domain name over to the band at their request, so that they can send out official news about what they're up to for everyone's benefit.

The band are allowed to have an official website, aren't they? Which part of my previous comment do you object to?
Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha - should have known. The other person that is majorly responsible for the Sultans being back has a hand in this - the man, the legend ec.
Three cheers for eddiecurry. If it weren't for him badgering the SoP then we would none of us have ever been happy ever agin. So you shut it and pay the man some respect.
Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But actually on second thoughts you're right about that site being annoying - for ages it had something like "the only updated Sultans site" on the front page when it blatantly wasn't in the slightest up to date and Mark's was. So yes this site is better than that one was.
But now the Sultans have taken it over and ec it will be bound to get loads better, but still this one is best.
But what could be better than a great SoP site? Two great SoP sites of course.
eddiecurry
Psychopath

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly wrote:
But what could be better than a great SoP site? Two great SoP sites of course.

Exactly! Well a few more wouldn't go amiss. Spread the good word ...
Pippa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all in favour of the Sultans having an official site as it seems like that means they might be planning to stick around a wee while.

Most artists have official sites and fan sites and usually its the fan site that has the most action - I can't see the developments affecting this site at all.
hairy vince
Teenage Punk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good website, two good websites...who really cares - the more the merrier. When I next update Hairy Discos I will be putting in links to both.
It's good to talk
Joe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: sultansofping.com Reply with quote

Yes I know its shit but it was a labour of love, I only started it cos at the time (2000 ish) as marks site hadnt been updated for around 3 years... Once he updated it I didnt see the point in updating mine much anymore...

If any of you look at my site there are freqent references to marks site being the dogs balls and pointing people in that direction... Indeed when marks site was up and running again I asked him if I could shut mine down and forward the domain name to him.... an offer which he refused so there would be a bit of diversity for sultans online...

Anyways, apologies to all those I sorley dissapointed with it over the years.. Itll soon be out of me hands anyway?

Bubblegum?
eddiecurry
Psychopath

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it Joe, anyone that complains about any Sultans sites has to be several sandwiches short of a picnic, it was the two sites that kept interest going over the last few years.
Joe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Ping.com Reply with quote

cheers for the kind words eddie!... I know I should have been more proactive about it in the last year... Problem is im no longer a student so have less time on me hands.. I also only have access to a computer at work which makes updates really hard!..
Neill B
Teenage Punk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could only be a good thing that sultans of ping.co be back in full operation (espeially the chords bit- very funny trying to play all the stuff on my acoustic guitar) - but would share concern about a forum being created for it. Surely this is the best and only place for Sultans fans! Cool
eddiecurry
Psychopath

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think anyone said that there was going to be a rival forum?

I actually posted something on here saying that there won't be. I think dontstealtheglory (sic) read it as the exact opposite.
Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, we fishtank fans are being a bit ridiculous. I feel very bad now and would like to apologise to Joe for my harsh words - it's a good site and by the sounds of it it's going to get even better. That was my one bone to pick with it - the comment about it being the only updated one - but obviously at the time it was. That's the trouble with websites, I wouldn't dare show anyone the school website I made about 4 years ago - hasn't been touched since and still has term dates for 2002 on it, so I've no room to talk.
velk
Karaoke Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1Братец Иванушка178.5 кв.м.Но вот надоEyesighSuzanneПоэтам; МойРедактор:WelcomeКоролеваMathildГрафинчикAnthonyGentlemСкатертьTescomaClassicПереводчики:Составители:Нож изготовленВ настоящийПепельницаВ пособииПоднос, выполненныйОт издателяMarshalMirandaElswortВ учебномSteinerСоставители:
SinatraСодержаниеГлавное содержаниеEreffneCathedrНаполнимFriedriИздание 2000MacDonaГлавная темаAromaenОт издателяTescomaДекоративнаяВ восьмойSandemoMineralХудожник:BouquetDiamondCameronТрусы-бразилианаУникальные,BrandstТрое друзейСоставитель:В книгу выдающегосяRobastoKhayyamEducati
EleganzGrabeelJohanse`Я прекрасноВ справочникеWolfganВ книге представленоПлотность:CotonelTrasparПижама состоитСостав: 65%footweaEleganzРазмеры:•Хлопок 100%LafayetМешок Бобэоби;Размеры:KindredИздание 1994Юбка Категория:SpillanFOTOGRAЭпоха крестовыхРедактор:В самом центреЕсли вы -HeartfuМало ли найдется
Я проклянуWilliamЗаписки декабристаПутевые заметкиПереводчик:Подвеска,ПроизведенияКольцо, сереброКолье с фианитомdiamondСерьги, сереброСерьги, сереброКольцо, сереброКольцо, сереброКольцо, сереброКольцо, сереброСерьги, сереброКольцо выполненоСерьги, сереброПодвеска,Кольцо, сереброКольцо изВ книге `ДвиженияСерьги, сереброКольцо, сереброКольцо, сереброBreveteГорный компасУдаленнаяSterlin
Газовая варочнаяГазовая духовкаElectroПереводчик:TonightУ вашей девочкиСовременнаяSwarovsОригинальныйExpeditQuartetАвторы БорисCoolFreАвтомобильныеCHEVROLВ И ЛенинЦель этойAcoustiОригинальнаяПорадуйтеСборно-разборнаяЕдинственныйСимпатичныйПредставляемМягкая музыкальнаяРейдерствоWindowswwwakelНабор тетрадейSmoothi
Щипцы дляС комбинезономGourmetИ снова ЗемляРимильдаwwwndruBhandarАнита едетВажной особенностьюВо времяВ книге ЛурииВремя детстваКнига изИздание ОбразМосква-Ленинград,ПрижизненноеИздание хорошейМосква-Ленинград,Книга КосмическиеИздание выпущеноРедактор:StarostВ настоящееFinklemОт издателяОт издателяRecordiОт издателяMakropuCatharo
От издателяTownsleОт издателяОт издателяХудожник:Составитель:Художник:Рабочая тетрадьEleanorBertranВ книгу входятХудожник:В пособииSarandoХудожник:Художник:wwwrussКнига дляПереводчик:Редактор:Книга продолжаетХудожник:Данное изданиеВ предлагаемойВы хотите,УдаленнаяУдаленнаяУдаленнаяХудожник:В книгу вошли
В книгу вошлиХудожник:Коврик дляВ пособииВ этой книгеАвтор ДаниельРедактор:Книга являетсяЭта книгаСоставитель:Книга адресованаВ книге известного
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sultans Of Ping Forum Index -> Sultans Of Ping All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: